On Saturday, April 27, 2019, from 10am-2pm The Partnership for Substance Free Youth in Buncombe County, in collaboration with local law enforcement and businesses at several locations, will host the semiannual DEA National Prescription Take-Back Day
According to surveys from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 20 percent of teens say they have taken a prescription drug without having a prescription for it themselves, and 5 percent report abusing OTC cough medicine to get high.
Participating in National Take-Back Day provides community members with an opportunity to help prevent prescription and over-the-counter medicine misuse and abuse by disposing of unused or expired medicines in a safe, convenient, and responsible way.
The event will take place at multiple locations across Buncombe County from 10am-2pm:
- -Walgreens 1124 Patton Ave, Asheville
- -Walgreens 1835 Hendersonville Road, Asheville
- -Walgreens 91 S. Tunnel Road, Asheville
- -Walgreens 841 Merrimon Avenue, Asheville
- -CVS 505 Smokey Park Hwy, Asheville
- -CVS 425 W State St. Black Mountain
- -Asheville Airport – Public Safety Building, Fletcher
- -SONA Pharmacy 805 Fairview Rd Asheville
- -Asheville Mountain Pharmacy 1272 Tunnel Road Asheville
Please remove identification from all medications and separate pills, liquids, and inhalers into different bags. We cannot accept radioactive medications such as cancer medications. Also, we cannot accept needles or sharps.
All medications collected during the event are considered anonymous and will be incinerated by the Drug Enforcement Agency.
For more information, please see our Resources For Communities Page.