Discover your own potential while helping others realize theirs in a Direct Support / Caregiver job with RHA Health Services.
Bring your compassion and dependability to work with our devoted team where you can truly make a different in the lives of people with intellectual, physical and developmental disabilities.
RHA Health Services is looking for personable, energetic and dedicated individuals to join our caregiver team as Direct Support. Direct Support jobs can be difficult at times and require hard work, but the reward is immeasurable!
As a Direct Support, you will provide support for individuals both in residential and day care settings. You will get to know the people you support on a personal level as you assist them with implementation of personal plans, goals and objectives.
Direct Support is a highly rewarding entry level role. You will be part of an interdisciplinary health care team responsible for helping the people we support identify and work towards personal outcomes that are aligned with their individual interests, cultural backgrounds and dreams for the future.
Direct Support staff at RHA have been recognized for their excellence and dedication by organizations like The Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL) and the American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR).
Our Direct Support jobs are often called by different names, including: Caregiver, Direct Support Caregiver, and Direct Care Professional.
Your Career Ladder
A new employee who is in the 90 day introductory period or who has recently completed the introductory period and training.
A promotional opportunity for employees who show consistent caring and initiative.
High performing employees who mentor, contribute to committees, and assume leadership responsibilities.
What qualifications must I have for a Direct Support job?
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good driving record
- Criminal background check
- Positive work & personal references
- Pre-employment drug test
- Pre-employment physical with TB screening
- Verification that applicant is not identified on applicable state exclusion registry.
What benefits does RHA offer employees who work more than 30 hours per week?
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching.
- Healthcare insurance: medical, dental, vision, life, disability
- Voluntary benefits, Employee Assistance Program, telemed and pharmacy insurance
- Health Advocate Gateway, which helps employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues — basically does the leg-work for employees.
- Free diabetic and hypertension medication and supplies.
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid time off
- Free CPR, first aid and job-specific training opportunities
Why choose RHA?
RHA Health Services is known as a leading provider of high quality services and supports for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We hire only the best, most compassionate and dedicated professionals to work in our group homes, medically intensive centers and vocational programs.
The people we support depend on the care provided by our direct support staff to develop healthy personal and social habits and to achieve as much independence as possible.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in your community and in the lives of people with disabilities while building a rewarding career in a welcoming and supporting environment, consider joining the outstanding team of professionals at RHA Health Services — where we put people first!